Re: [OMC-Boats] OMC Deluxe 'Mystique'

From: Lee Shuster <lks@...>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 08:38:09 -0600

But think of all that peace-of-mind, knowing your craft was virtually
unsinkable all these years. Seems like a pretty fair trade-off to me.
A large percentage of the competitors' boats made in that era aren't
around anymore.

And OMC engineers did think about it:

"It's rigid closed-cell structure means it won't absorb a significant
amount of water even after prolonged submersion."
Quoted directly from: http://www.ultimate.com/omc-boats/gallery/lee.shuster/1964guide/4a.jpg

For those that want to fashion a Canadian-style plexiglas windshield,
here's what they look like:

http://www.ultimate.com/omc-boats/gallery/lee.shuster/65Johnson16_CDN/3.jpg
http://www.ultimate.com/omc-boats/gallery/lee.shuster/65Johnson16_CDN/0.jpg

Lee