[OMC-Boats] (no subject)

From: James Potter <jepotter@...>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 07:01:19 -0600

I recently purchased a 1965 Evinrude with a V4, 2 cycle engine. I recall my father raving about the boat when it first came out, and the pride he had in it. I had entered the US Army in 1956 and was about to be re-assigned so I did not get the chance to go fishing with him and his "Sweet-16." But he kept me up to date in his letters.

I want to restore, as close as possible, to the original looks and performance. So any advice, information about parts for motor, boat and trailer are greatly appreciated. I don't know much about the 2 cycle engine, except lawnmowers, is there a course of instruction out there somewhere?

I have the boat in the shop now making sure it is ready and safe to get out on the water. I would like to mount a 5hp (spare) in case of engine failure, anyone have suggestions as to how?
Jim