[OMC-Boats] Me and the foam and the Chris-Craft

From: il_comante@...
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 17:03:08 +0100 (CET)

Dear all,

during last years I’ve been restructuring a 1972 Chris-Craft Seasprt 16. I
had to remove the foam so that I could work better on the structure. I wrote an
e-mail to the Chris-Craft engeneers to ask if it was really necessary to re
fill the hull with foam. The answere was: “Absolutley yes” because it will
give more structural integrity and the boat would feal much more quiet during
navigation. I just poured back the foam in the hull during last week-end, using
a double component professional foam. The result looks grat: the quantity was
perfect and the floore seems perfectly filled… but I have to say that it is not
an easy operation! The pressure of the foam is very strong and can even break
the flore or the hull!!
When I removed the foam from my boat, I noticed that the quality was really
great and, except 5 inches in the lower part of the hull, it was perfectly
dry.
For this reason I suggest to remove the foam only if is really necessary! You
can first check the status of your foam by doing a hole with a drill on the
floor, going down to the lower part of the hull, near the motor. There is where
I found the most of the water.

Bye!

Alessandro
Verbano - Italy