Re: [OMC-Boats] OMC-Boats - Sterndrive motor drags

From: lks@...
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 17:45:03 -0600

Nice overview & technical HOW-TO of the famous OMC Tilt motor and
hammer-blow shock absorber, Ethan.

When I first read only JEFF's Subject: "..Sterndrive motor drags.." I
thought we would be reading about holeshots and drag racing I/O's ;)

Lee

PS -- This weekend I discovered how quickly an idling-ingear small block
Chevy stops with it tangles with a ski rope. It's also nice that the tilt
motor lifts the prop completely out of the water.
I managed to get into the water with a sharp knive and free the rope without
having to remove the prop. All in about 10 minutes!