Re: [OMC-Boats] OMC Stringer trim

From: Don Fintak <D.Fintak@...>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 13:04:49 -0500

> c) some people have reported adding a hydro-foil on the sterndrive's
> anti-cavitations plate, reduces proposing (personally haven't tried
> one).

For what it's worth...

My Playmate had a real tendency to porpoise. I bolted a plastic
hydro-foil on the anti-cavitation plate and it worked wonders in my
case. It kept the nose down in almost every condition, and the boat
planed off remarkably fast on hole shots, even pulling a skier. I often
wondered if it didn't cost me little top end, but never went without it
again!

It isn't an expensive experiment, but you will have to drill holes in
the plate to mount it.

Don Fintak
Muskego, Wi