[OMC-Boats] OMC Stringer trim question

From: mckeown <mckeown@...>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 11:17:50 -0500

I finally got my '71 Chris Craft Gull Wing 155 out yesterday after owning it
for about a year and a half! Fun boat, but it seems to ride pretty rough on
choppy water. Cheatham Lake (Cumberland River through Nashville) where I was
riding has heavy boat and barge traffic. We were constantly pounded by
wakes, even from small boats, and swells behind the bigger boats. My
companion, new to boating, wasn't too wild about the ride.

The boat seems to porpoise readily on fairly minor swells. The normal
solution to this problem is to change the thrust angle by adjusting the
position of the stern drive in. Can you make this sort of adjustment with
the Stringer outdrive?

I discovered one unexpected advantage to owning a vintage boat - I seemed
invisible to the TWRA boat police. I think they figure that an old fart like
me in an old boat probably knows enough to have the right equipment!

Bob