Re: [OMC-Boats] Flotation

From: Lee Shuster <lee.k.shuster@...>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 11:42:01 -0700

I don't recall ever seeing a published weight for the open-deck Sport 14
outboard.

The sister model (same hull) Playmate/Caprice with 90 hp sterndrive
weighed in at about 1200 pounds.

You can deduct about 400 pounds for the V4 sterndrive and ancillary
equipment. Then I'd estimate the nicely finished Playmate's windshield,
deck, seats, etc., at around an additional 250-350 pounds.

Therefore 1200 - 400 - ~300 would equal about 500 pounds dry hull weight
for the Sport 14 (and that would not include any outboard motor, fuel,
battery, rigging, etc.

This is only a guestimate, I could be off by a few dozen pounds.
Cross-check the weight against a very similar classic Boston Whaler 15,
and you'll find they come in right around 500 - 550 lbs.

Lee