[omc-boats] Hub & weight questions

From: mckeown <mckeown@...>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 12:54:39 -0500

I just picked up my '71 Gull-Wing from Wisconsin, and I'm very pleased. The
boat needs some cosmetics but should look like a million with little effort.

I had bought two tire and wheel assemblies from Northern Tool, but as I
suspected, the wheels wouldn't fit on the original hubs (center hole too
small). I was able to find a place that could swap the new tires onto the
original wheels, but I don't like the thought of having nonstandard hubs.

Has anyone retrofitted later hubs to these early axles? I'm about to
experiment with a hub from my car trailer, but if anybody can shed any light
I'd appreciate the help.

One other question: has anybody ever actually weighed a Sportsman 16 I/O
with trailer? I'm hard pressed to believe that the entire rig is under 2500
lbs, which is the weight limit of those little 6.00-9 tires.

Bob McKeown, Nashville