Re: [omc-boats] How to remove helm/steering wheel?

From: lib1@...
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 08:10:19 -0600

My wheel came off fairly easily after removing the bolt. A gently "tug" was
all it needed. You might also find tapping the rim with a rubber mallet will
help.

OMC used a fairly unique splined shaft on the steering wheel hub to prevent
slippage. Finding suitable replacement wheels can be a challenge.

Despite cracks in the outer plastic, the original wheels have a fairly
strong steel "core."

Lee Shuster
Salt Lake