[omc-boats] Re: omc-boats-digest V1 #579

From: Thomas Klauber <tklauber@...>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 19:50:01 -0400

My 69 Rogue has 5 hoses and only one is an "outlet from the blower" and it
connects to the odd transom vent that is on the port side off center. I am
going from memory here. There are 2 aft vents on each side and 2 that are
symmetrically placed on both sides of the transom at the rear. These 4 vents
connect to 4 inch tubing that just lies in the bilge compartment and they
provide ventilation both positive and negative to the bilge while in motion
or so it intuitively seems. The blower vent is 4 inch I think and probably
is not sufficient from various prior posts. You can not overventilate the
bilge - the fumes can explade so make sure there are no gas leaks. In the
Rogue there are foam seals at the edges of the panels making up the bilge
compartment to keep fumes from escaping into the cockpit area. Hope this
helps. BTW the original hosing got very dry and brittle and perished. I
replaced it all with a vinyl inferior product that is like dryer hose and it
is OK but I wish I could find the original type hose. TomK.