[omc-boats] Re: bilge pumps/blowers

From: Micah Donahue <mdonahue@...>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 12:43:21 -0400

Tom --
Not sure this is helpful, but my '68 Sportsman has aftermarket el
cheapo separate bilge pump and blower. Both are operated by dash
switches, but I've thought about converting the bilge to automatic (I
seem to be chasing water leaks currently, and I need to weld up a
couple cracks in my Evinrude trailer's frame).

The bilge pump is in a small floor well on port side of engine, and
it's one of these guys:
http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/producte/
10001/-1/10001/76551/0/0/bilge%20pump/All_2/mode%20matchallpartial/0/
Sale%20Price|0

The blower is mounted on rear transom of the boat, something like
this (though these look nicer):
http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/producte/
10001/-1/10001/106837/0/0/exhaust%20blower/All_2/mode+matchallpartial/
0/0

Both pump and blower are at least 15 years old and work fine. Not
sure of capacities, and boat is 5 hrs away, sorry. Just as an
anecdote, the bilge pump was frozen in a block of ice when I pulled
the boat out this spring, and it worked immediately once defrosted.
What more can you ask?

-Micah
Boston, MA