RE: [omc-boats] rub rail

From: David Avedesian <david.avedesian@...>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 09:26:02 -0500

Tom:

I have a 1965 Evinrude Sweet 16. The insert color on the rubrail was blue
and my boat's repainted colors are white hull with black accents. I
therefore wanted a black insert rubrail.

While I was searching for a black insert color, I found at BoatUS the insert
rubrail for the Tyco rubrail system. I found that with a large flat blade
screw driver I was able to mate into my existing rubrail.

It looks great. The insert color does not fit as an insert but as a "wedge
in" type. I not sure I am properly describing the process/look. The result
is the vinyl rubrail projects out further than the metal rubrail.

If you hit a piling or dock hard, the wedged in vinyl will pop out.
However, it will go back in some what easily.

I hope this tid bit of info has been helpful as an alternative choice.

David Avedesian

Silver Spring, MD