Re: [omc-boats] Re: omc-boats-digest V1 #427

From: David <odin@...>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 16:22:40 -0600

Yup! I have pulled both, but only when I was scraping the boat and
keeping the running gear - it is easier to just pull the engine and not
have to fool around with the rubber transom boot or the mounts when
putting it back together. When I was in engineering we had to pull the
engines and drives out of test boats, and we did pull the engine and
intermediate housing together - that was tough on us - remember these
were often like new boats - after pulling the engine etc. we hauled the
boat to the Waukegan landfill and had to stay there while the dozer
operator smashed the boat to bits - then back at the shop we took sledge
hammers to the engines, drives etc. - nothing used in testing was reused
or sold - all was destroyed! Only new, tested and approved boats left
the plant for sale. Dave