[omc-boats] 1968 SeaSport II

From: Bill Whitlock <bill_whitlock@...>
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 07:57:45 -0500

My name is Bill Whitlock, live in Atlanta, GA and am now the proud owner of a 1968 SeaSport II with a 155 hp Buick V-6. Bought late this summer for $500 (with trailer)from the son-in-law of the orginal owner. The hull is sound, interior seats have been replaced and need to be replaced again. The bow cushions appear to be orginal, no canvas or top frames and one very rusty engine. The boat has sat for the last three years but ran the last time it was in the water. Took three hours to clean out the cockpit area! Outdrive seems in good shape. Have the orginal owners manual plus a copy of the 1968 Boating Magizine article on the boat. Also came with a Glenn's Engine and Outdrive Repair Manual (1970s?) and I have bought the SELOC manual also. Was wondering if anybody knows of a good mechanic in the Atlanta or northern Florida areas that is capable of engine and drive work on the boat as I fear it may be beyond my expertise? Pictures to follow.

Thanks,
Bill