Re: [omc-boats] Ignition wires

From: Andy Perakes <aperakes@...>
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 16:29:18 -0500

Its been a long time, but I did actually try that and somehow got a part, but it had an extra port for the heater core as well as a slightly different mount -- either the auto or marine had an ~ 1 1/2 square inch larger mounting surface & gasket. Its been a long time so I don't remember which, but I do know we tried the auto water pump once and it wouldn't fit. What I'm wondering is if -- assuming the auto part had the larger mount -- could I machine off the extra to get it to fit and still get a seal. I know all the bolt holes, etc. were the same, it was just this little extra "tab" that stuck out and got in the way. Of course I also recall having to go back to the auto parts store 3x once because they had the wrong brake pads in the right box so maybe the water pump was a similar issue. Guess I'd be curious to know if anyone has been able to use a water pump off a car on their OMC.