Re: [omc-boats] Shifter preferences?

From: LeeHazen@...
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 09:50:04 EDT

My Seasport 155s had the electric shift actuated by the throttle position,
neutral was in the middle.

One maneuver that the Seasport is capable of during docking comes in
very handy - sort of like parking a personal watercraft that doesn't have
reverse.

Approach the dock about 10-15 feet to the right (or left) of the dock. Make
a hard left turn and the boat will do a 180. Go to neutral and the rear of the
boat will scoot over against the dock. Use reverse and center the wheel to
pull the hull to a stop if it is still going forward. That steering indicator
is very handy.

Then hook your lines and let your passengers exit via the rear seat used as
a step. NEVER let a passenger step into the boat using the back to back
seats. I've seen seats ruined from the weight of a person stepping in the
center
of a seat bottom. An optional boarding position is via the bow rider seats.

Boy, I miss having a Seasport to drive - -

I still have the Surfer though. Anyone interested in buying it ?

Lee

This puts the boat in my normal "nose out" parking position. The boat rides
the incoming waves better bow out.