Re: [omc-boats] where is the red line?

From: Andy Perakes <aperakes@...>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 19:48:58 -0400

The advantage marine engines have over auto engines is a steady supply of
cool water. We use pretty much the same techniques; however, we've also
done a lot of heavy pulling. We've used it to drag heavy stuff out of Lake
Huron (really big ships anchors, etc.) and we've had 8 skies up at once on
multiple occasions (and have the movies to prove it). Granted she doesn't
have the same pep she did 20 years ago and I am a bit more careful about
overspeeding her now, but I can hardly complain after 38 years of solid use.
Keep the oil clean, watch the temperature gauge, and listen for what they
tell you and you should be fine.