Re: [omc-boats] outboard motors

From: Phil Budne <phil>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 19:54:58 -0400 (EDT)

> From: "t-beach" <t-beach@...>
> Subject: [omc-boats] outboard motors
> Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 15:57:06 -0700
> Hi again
>
> Most of the conversation seems to be dealing with I/O motors. Just
> wondering anyone else has O/B motors or is this not the right forum for
> that subject.
>
> Tom

Others have given pointers, but I'm just digging out of a week's
e-mail (in time to go away again).

I think the majority of boats are stern drives, and since I don't know
of other places to tell people to take those questions, and since I
don't really want to create and manage a seperate forum for "Early OMC
Stringer Stern Drives", I've thought it was reasonable to not chase
away stern drive discussions (if anyone feels differently, you can let
me know, privately if you prefer).

While I'm not interested in seeing the list become a forum for
discussion of outboards that aren't attached to "our boats" (since
there ARE other places for those discussions), I'd also be sad to
think that help could be offered here in this community, and people
didn't think it was appropriate to ask. The line is actually even
fuzzier since the 2-stroke stern drive power heads were derived from
outboard power heads!

phil