Fw: [omc-boats] outboard motors

From: t-beach <t-beach@...>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 11:19:56 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: t-beach
To: david.avedesian@... ; jdhanson@...
Sent: Tuesday, August 23, 2005 9:46 AM
Subject: Re: [omc-boats] outboard motors

David and Dave

Thanks for the reply. I have a 1964 Sport 16 that I bought new. Started out with a 90hp evinrude, upgraded that to a 100hp evinrude and now have a 125 hp Johnson. Engines were a lot cheaper than, my 125 cost $1400.00. I changed out the steering to a hydraulic system. Rebuilt the hull and replaced the foam because of a crack in the hull.

I need to replace the water pump in my Johnson 125 o/b. The boat place wants over two hundred dollars which seems like a lot. I have the repair manual so I am going to try it myself. I have worked on cars engines all of my life but this will be the first outboard work, other than minor tune-ups. Any advise as to problems that I might have or special precautions that I should use would be useful.

Love to see any pictures. I am going to upload to my web site some when I get around to it.

Thanks

Tom

             Email and Web Addresses

Rio Students use: tom.beauchamp.faculty@...
Political Web Page http://members.cox.net/psmurf1/GradebookR.htm
Web Page http://members.cox.net/psmurf1/Beauchamp.htm
UoP Students use: imateacher@...

  "Life is not about living forever it is about the journey"'