Re: [omc-boats] painting the rogue

From: LeeHazen@...
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 10:40:56 EDT

In a message dated 6/17/05 11:33:11 AM Central Daylight Time,
odin@... writes:

<< I would suggest doing the same. wet sand the
 whole hull, patch holes etc. with any good epoxy and sand smooth, then
 spray paint with gel coat - also, you should be able to lift the boat by
 it's cleats - that's how we hauled them out of the water at Johnson
 Motors >>

Not the cleats, the lifting rings - two on the transom and one at the bow.
These points were designed for lifting the boat, but lifting at a cleat may
pull the cleat out of the fiberglass and swash you and your pressure washer
wand.

I pressure washed my Yahaha Waverunner the other day as it was covered
with mildew. I then washed it with detergent, a sponge and a scotch brite
cleaning pad - it really cleaned up nicely after that. I recomend doing the
same to the boat hull.

what seems to deteriorate on these boats is the clear gel coat. If one can
get the boat good and clean, might you be able to spray a new clear coat
on it giving you the glossy finish?

I've still got my Johnson Surfer and trailer and haven't had time to work on
it.
I would really like to see this boat go to someone who will appreciate it and
bring it back to life. First $1,000 takes it. It is in Hendersonville, TN
just
NE of Nashville.

Lee Hazen