Re: [omc-boats] trailer

From: David <odin@...>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 06:41:57 -0700

Glenn,
If it were me in that position, I would look around for a similar
trailer in my area - I would think there must be some in Waukegan? -
then borrow or rent the entire assembly - bearing, hub, wheel and tire -
then take it to shops to find identical parts- or - take it down to your
boat, put it on and get the thing back home - return the wheel and find
new parts. It is very unlikely that anything real bad happened to the
spindle - it may be tough to get the bearing races off if they
overheated, so you would have to have a good bearing puller with you.
The guy at the garage is going to nip you for sure, storage if nothing
else. Too bad I am not in the area - I have three trailers, two of which
are like yours - but there must be one somewhere in you area and I would
bet the owner would help out. Dave