[omc-boats] update on trailer tires

From: Glenn Halweg <glennhalweg@...>
Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 08:29:23 -0500

Concerning my previous post on 4/15/2005 trailer tires for Evinrude Rogue trailer.

Original tires are 6.50X10 load range E. I bought 20.5 x 8 x 10; 10-ply rating; 1,535 lb. capacity.

Compared the new tires to the old tires they are about 1 1/2 shorter figured it wouldn't matter if the trailer sat a little lower, tires are load range E rated for 85 MPH. Took tires and wheels to a tire shop that specializes in implement and agricultural tires. Tires would not mount on the wheels something to do with no lip on the wheels. Tubes that I received with the wheels where way to big, tire man said they would pinch and blow out in a few miles. Owner of shop said he would look, thinks he can get 7.50 X 10 E or F rated tube tires that would work. In the mean time discovered the inside wheel bearing on one of the wheel's is shot. Now thinking about new hubs and easy to find wheels and tires.

By the way I was told the boat has been sitting since 1982, looks like new except that mice tore up seats. Rub rail doesn't have a mark on it, outdrive isn't even water stained. Buying it from original owners children. They claim he bought it at the 1966 boat show in Chicago and used it maybe three or four times. Trailer title is dated 11/09/1966, last boat registration expired 1982.