[omc-boats] Re: omc-boats-digest V1 #271

From: Thomas Klauber <tklauber@...>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 21:55:19 -0400

Thanks for the memo - I do not need the seats as mine are recovered - I am
not sure if the seats will fit the Rogue model anyway. Hold on to them or
put them on ebay. I have seen lots of seats at Boaters World and on line
that look like they would fit fine. They probably will not last as long but
you can refit as often as you like or can afford. Dont throw them away. I
will keep on working on the rub rail and if I find a source then I will let
the site know but dont hold your breath - it will probably be years - the
old ones will have to do for now. I have other things more important such as
the top and some cosmetics in the fore compartment. I have accumulated some
instrument bezels that I want to replace. BTW I won the disc brake hubs on
ebay - 4 for 57 dollars which includes shipping. I am not sure if they are
the right size but they should be arriving in several days. We had a
Sportsman V 6 when I was a teenager - I'm not sure the year but it was the
best - it handled like a dream till it blew up with a bilge fire and burned
to the water so to speak. I wanted another but could only find the Rogue at
the time and it is a nice boat but doesn't corner like that Sporsman did.
I'm still getting used to the Rogue and like it as well at least for the
larger waters. I do not know the range of a V6 with a full tank of gas. I
bet you can go at least half a day. I went out the other week with about 3/4
tank and rode about 2 hours and used 1/4 tank but I havent checked the true
gas level with my "gas stick". The gauge works but I dont trust it fully
yet. It probably depends on the speed and load. Just fill her up and go.
There are plenty of pumps on the water at least around the river here. Look
me up if you get a chance. We are one hour from Garden City. I will be in
Charleston in July and hope to put the boat in the Folly River then. Good
luck with the bottom. You can get tons of info. on boat refinishing on line.
Just look up gelcoat repair or something similar. Tom K.