[omc-boats] Repower v4-v6

From: Brian Nelson <brianknelson@...>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 16:03:35 -0700

Hello everyone, I have made arrangements with Lee Shuster to purchase his
Buick v6 and sterndrive package. I have a 1964 OMC 17¹ deluxe that I bought
last summer. It has the DU-90 v4 2 stroke engine in it. I will be pulling
that out along with the sterndrive to get ready for the replacement.
I had the engine looked at last year by an OMC mechanic and there were a
number of issues. The compression was pretty low at about 85 on each
cylinder but we never got it running with oil around the cylinders so... The
fuel pump was dead, coil needs to be replaced along with the basic
distributor cap, plug wires... and there was evidence of water in the
sterndrive oil.

If anyone is interested in the engine/sterndrive or any of the parts, let me
know. As Lee has done with his package, I would prefer to pass these
components along to an OMC person rather than parting the whole thing out on
eBay and otherwise.

Brian Nelson
brianknelson@...