[omc-boats] OMC parts help

From: Brian Nelson <brianknelson@...>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 19:18:39 -0600

Hello everyone I just talked to my mechanic and he wants $2,500-3,000 to fix
all of the issues with my OMC 17¹ deluxe. So I have decided to try to do as
much of the work and round up as many of the parts as possible myself. I
would appreciate any help that the members could offer in finding parts as
well as advice on the repairs.
 The engine is a v4 88hp 2 stroke I/O Currently has no spark and 68-70 lbs
compression

The main parts items are as follows
Throttle assembly (the start lever is broken)
Coil
Fuel pump or diaphragm to rebuild
Tilt motor
Lower unit electric shift magnets
Tune up parts
Distributor cap
Rotor
Points
Wires
Plugs
I also need to flush the fuel system and rebuild the carbs as it sat for
several years so I will probably need carb floats and rebuild parts

Any assistance locating parts would be greatly appreciated

Brian Nelson
Denver, CO