Re: [omc-boats] Fuse ratings

From: lib1@...
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 14:20:01 -0600

My 67 Sportsman Owner's Manual lists the following:

Check that the spring fuse holder contacts are not corroded or oxidized. Get
some DeOxIt spray and clean both the fuse and the holder contacts. Don't
just "eyeball" the fuse check it for continuity with a test light or ohm
meter.

The 14-amps are longer, the 7.5 amps are the shorter panel positions.

14-amp SFE fuses used for: 1) Ignition, 2) Bilge, 3) Horn, 4) Lighter, 5)
Wiper,

7.5-amp SFE fuses used for: 6) Panel Lights, 7) Running Lights, 8) Interior
(chart) light, 9) Tilt

Lee Shuster