RE: omc-boats-digest V1 #146

From: joe sibilia <joesibilia@...>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 21:38:43 -0400

Our "testing" consisted of steering into progressively steeper turns at full
throttle till we were jamming the steering wheel as far as it could go; what
did you expect, we were teenagers! I guess any boat can be flipped with
such reckless driving, but Mr. Coles’ marvels forgave our lack of common
sense and let us live to tell the story.

My friends and I found that both Sweet 16’s and Rogues could produce a
powerful spray as the stern whipped around in a sharp turn. Naturally we
took the on challenge of learning how to direct that spray to soak anchored
acquaintances in their boats.

Another bonus of these boats’ ability to hold an aggressive turn is their
ability to whip a skier or “surf boarder” way out of the wake. “Surf board”
is what we called the board we towed behind the boat. The correct name for
the device might actually be “aqua plane.” I imagine one of these new
inflatable tow toys would also respond well to the “whip” despite their ill
advised directional strakes.

Happy Boating,
Joe

Best Restaurant Giveaway Ever! Vote for your favorites for a chance to win
$1 million! http://local.msn.com/special/giveaway.asp