Re: Built-in gas tank restoration

From: Mstvsnd@...
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 19:34:30 EST

I switched to plastic too after experiencing clogging in the fuel line which
turned out to be rust. My Sweet 16's an outboard and I don't know how an I/O
setup would differ, but it was an easy job. The old tank was held in with
rubber straps, which I just reused to anchor the plastic tank. The fill spout
didn't exactly line up with the filler cap built into the hull, but a length of
hose and a couple of hose clamps took care of that. The vent hose was easy to
attach.

It's nice not to have to worry about corrosion anymore. But now I carry a
spare 6 gal can because the yardstick I used to check the fuel level won't make
the bend in the new filler hose.

Mike Stevesand