Re: omc-boats-digest V1 #117

From: Jesse Keaton <J.Keaton@...>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 08:33:07 -0500

Tom...You live in SC,so I wanted to get your feelings about this.....I been
wanting to take my 1967 Sportsman 155 to Charleston and do some offshore
fishing..I bought this boat last March from a man in Spring Lake Mich...Was good
shape mech. wize,,but having to do alot of hull work because it looked to appear
to have sat in the water for along time and the gelcoat has cracked below the
water line.Been restoring it this summer and kinda ran outta time for getting it
out on the water for this year...I never have tryed it on the water,,so I wont
know how it handles especially on the ocean...I'm not talkin about going out in
5 foot swells or anything harsh,,but it is kinda rough around Morris Island on a
calm day...Just wanted your imput about running offshore..
    My name is Jesse and I live in Richmond Ky....About my Sportsman,,I bought
it off e-bay for 1200.00 ...I wont have to spend alot getting it restored,,but
kinda picky things..Gotta get seats redone,,and lower hull...I looked all over
Ky. and never seen one around this area,,and was suprised to find one off
e-bay....Drove over 500 miles one way for it but it was worth every mile and
every penny I have in it...Beautiful boats,,and made so well...
Take care,,and thanks........