reply to the guy with questions about the canvas

From: Ralph Erickson <ericksra@...>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 13:09:48 -0400

As I wrote before, I have canvas for a 1967 Sportsman 155. This is the
convertible top, bow cover, sidecurtains and boot, not the mooring
cover. Color is blue and pretty close to the original Evinrude blue. They
were custom made for me out of as I remember Sunbrella material (non-vinyl)
by a local and very talented custom canvas shop. I did not have the
original tubing for the cockpit, so that was custom made too, and attached
via a sliding arrangement rather than the original pivot, but this is
rather nice as it makes it easy to move it out of the way when it is
collapsed. The whole works cost me about $1200 and I used it for about 3
or 4 years. It is still all in very good shape, and you should be able to
fit it to your 1967 Sportsman 155 without too much trouble - you would need
some snaps, etc. This stuff has been stored up in my attic, not
outside. Anybody interested, let me know, and we can talk turkey in
private. I will be away and out of e-mail range until September 8th, but
will check my mail then.

Thanks to the guys who gave suggestions about the fuel filter - I will try
some of these ideas if the GM dealer can't help me.

Ralph Erickson
1967 - 68 Sportsman 155 hybrid
Mt. Desert, ME