RE: Project Sweet 16!: YAHOOOOOOO!!!

From: Greg Van Vliet <gvanvliet@...>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 17:04:50 -0700

I had a feeling that we'd hear about some failure from the past. :-) Well,
I did my homework a bit and sure enough a local marine shop stocks the
stainless steel, aircraft quality, vinyl sheathed cable for about the same
price as Mike Frenn mentioned. I won't be tempted by the bargain-priced
alternative this time.

The guy at the shop also suggested carefully checking the strength of the
fastening of cable guides and pulleys. He said they've seen these pull out
from old, dry-rotted wood. Of course, it's always at the wrong time . . !

Thanks for the tip.

Greg