Re: Loss of power under load

From: Michael Frenn <semsc@...>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2002 10:35:14 -0700

Well, approaching it from an automotive perspective, and I'm not sure you can, it's either timing or fuel delivery or both. Sounds rich. You get that with no advance and proper carburetion, proper advance and over-rich mixture or both. These things advance manually I think (at least on my 75 HP '65 Evinrude - that's why the magento has to be synched to the throttle). I'd probably start there, i.e., understanding how the timing advance is supposed to work. Also, look at the plugs. Are they fouled or sooty, etc.

Just my .02 worth.

Michael Frenn (Learning very quickly that terrrestial motors and aquatic motors can be VERY different!)