Sweet 16: She Runs!!!

From: Michael Frenn <semsc@...>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 13:29:10 -0700

I haven't seen any posts for a very long time - I hope that's because
everyone's out enjoying their boats!

Well, if you've been following my saga you'll recall that I had trouble
shooted and rebuilt the magneto on my 1965 75 HP Evinrude Sweet 16 that i
bought almost 2 years go. No telling how long she sat before that. I think
has been a month, maybe more, since I could get back to work on her. Well,
last night I reinstalled the magneto after putting on a new drive belt and
adding new plugs. This morning I set the timing and resynched the magneto.
Then, holding my breath, I turned the key. After only two cranks she fired
right up! No sputter, just solid run. I shut it off immediately (4
seconds).

Next stop will be a local lake to see how well it runs. I'll probably just
sit by the dock but at least she's ready to go in the water! And she has
exhaust notes as nice as my Grand National! No, I'm not excited <grin>!

Michael Frenn