Re: Spare Wheel

From: Michael Frenn <semsc@...>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 08:59:12 -0700

Hey OMC Folks!

Some news and questions on my '64 Sweet 16...

I found a possible source for the generator kit. Expensive, but will be worth it for the long river and evening outings, I think. Impressed with Mike Steves' boat as pictured in Phil Budne's OMC Gallery section, I've put copies up in my workshop. I went out to pile of junk that came with my boat and lo and behold, what did I find, the tarp cover is the original Evinrude!! Dirty and even torn, but certainly reparable.

Two questions: What is a good reference for the boat itself? I notice for example, that mine has aluminum trim on the floor that don't show in Mike Steves' boat.

Is there a source for minor trim/chrome parts?

And a story...was stranded and towed in my Mazda the other day with a blown alternator. Replacement would take days. Realized I needed a new battery for my boat, so bought a top of the line marine battery, put it in the truck to get home! Now the truck's fixed and the boat has a battery! Gosh, gotta love when a plan comes together!

TIA

Michael Frenn - Still shooting for water in July