Johnson Deluxe

From: jim whaley <whale1@...>
Date: Tue, 12 May 98 11:48:16 -0400

My name is Jim Whaley, from Vermont. 802-658-2456.

I'd never seen a Johnson Deluxe till last year.I've found what seems to
be a good one and made an offer. The offer was accepted by the
consignment yard owner. Were waiting to connect with the owner, from
Montreal, now. I hope it's in my name soon.

Everthing works- even windshield lift and horn. Hull, floor, dash,
windshield are good and motor/drive work. I've not run it on the water
yet, just tested. I'm guessing it will handle like a heavy 3 point hydro.
Seats are starting to crack but still have original "life preserver
cushions" under. Seats need re-webbing. Frame for top is fine but top
itself is rotted. It also had a mooring cover.

What restoration possibilities are there for the molded seats ?

 There are a bunch of Evinrudes around here that are available - One very
good Sportsman w/o seats; one very good Sportsman, complete with all tops
and covers; and 3 "parts" boats, one restorable. I have phone contact
numbers for them or anyone interested can contact me.

I'm new to "newsgroups". When I tried to get recent postings , all I got
was...

< -rw-r--r-- 1 root
0 may 4 15:49-foo >

Any advice ?