[OMC-Boats] Impeller Replacement

From: Paul Hamilton <phamilton@...>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 06:37:54 -0500

Hello All,

Has anyone taken on the task of replacing an impeller? My 66 Sportsman doesn't pee at low RPM and the ball gears could use replacement anyway. I've read the manual and the process will certainly take some time and at least one special tool (shim tool). I may have the option of swapping out an outdrive with a working impeller and just replacing the ball gears but that might be a very short term solution. Any thoughts/recommendations related to locating the shim tool and a new set of ball gears would be appreciated.

Paul