Re: [OMC-Boats] 6.90-9 Evenrude trailer tires

From: DOUGLAS JULIEN <dfjulien@...>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 16:35:58 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Wayne:

Those 6.90 -9 tires are a pain to find.  The original trailer specs call for an 8-ply 80# tire.  It's easy to find a Carlyle 6-ply 60# version (load range C) which will work if run up to 60 lbs but for how long?  They get hot.  I've located a Chinese 10-ply 100# version, available from my local Autotire (26 locations near St. Louis) which they get from St. Louis Wholesale Tire (http://www.stlwholesale.com/).

It's after hours so I can't check if they still have them.  Best to mount on the OMC rims as the standard OMC hub is too large to fit the hole in a standard 9" wheel.  In other words, make sure the wheels fit your trailer hubs.

-Doug Julien