[OMC-Boats] OMC list - tuneup/carb adjustments

From: Micah Donahue <mdonahue@...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 12:13:09 -0400

For what it's worth, we GREATLY improved how our 155 runs by setting
the dwell on the points w/ a cheap meter from the auto parts store
(not the dreaded deadly auto parts, oh no...). Of course, those tune-
up meter kits also usually come w/ timing light and RPM gauges, so
that was also good. But timing was already right on. Dwell fixed
idling and rough running problems immediately in the driveway w/ a
hose running water thru the engine.

(We had previously had the carb rebuilt by Flying Fish, who did a
great job. But it hadn't fixed our issues, so we had moved on to
ignition troubleshooting.)

YMMV, of course.

-Micah
Newburyport, MA