Re: [OMC-Boats] Back to my SeaSport with the Holleys...

From: lib1@...
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 17:45:54 -0700

Hi Mike,

Given the two issues, if it were mine --> I'd be looking for a complete used
OMC Electric stringer repower donor. There are tons of these around in boats
not as nice as yours. I'd be on the lookout for a 1967 to 1976 OMC long-leg
lower unit. You could mate this up to either a Buick or Chevy V6. My guess
is you could pick up the entire package for $2k, maybe $2500. A professional
R & R might run you another $1k or you could do it yourself?

You know the old saying... The best day(s) for a skipper are the day he buys
a boat and the day he lets her go.. (Or something like that).
Anyways, I've never been able to a very good job of budgeting boat-related
or hobby-related expenses.

Lee Shuster