[omc-boats] How to remove helm/steering wheel?

From: Kenneth Fingerlos <kenf@...>
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2007 18:21:50 -0700

Hello -

I'm working on replacing the helm wheel on my '69 SeaSport.

Existing wheel is dammaged, cracked, etc. I'm hoping to replace it with a new wheel in ... well .. new condition.

Problem here is trying to figure out how exactly the existing wheel comes off. Appears to have a bolt in the center which comes off, and then it vaguely looks like some kind of puller would be used which would 'seat' in the center of the bolt.

What kind of puller would one use for this?

Is there another (better?) way of getting the damaged wheel off?

Thanks,

Kenneth.