[omc-boats] New tires for 16' trailers

From: mckeown <mckeown@...>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 12:41:36 -0600

Hi, all, I'm new to the list and new to OMC ownership. I just bought a '71
Chris-Craft 16' in Wisconsin (haven't even picked it up yet).

I had an immediate concern about towing my new purchase 700 miles to
Tennessee on who-knows-how-old tires. Couldn't find them anywhere on the
internet, but Northern Tool (www.northerntool.com
<http://www.northerntool.com/> ) has them. Their item 12124 is a 6.90/6.00-9
tire and wheel assembly, $70 by catalog or $75 in their retail stores. Our
new Northern store here in Nashville had five in stock. Here's hoping the 5
on 4.5" bolt circle is correct. According to the Northern catalog, these
tires are rated at 1120 lbs load. The tires themselves say 1298 lbs, load
range C.

One local tire supplier told me also that Carlisle shows a trailer tire in
that size, but I haven't seen them. Their price was around $65 for the tire
alone.

I'm looking forward to owning one of the most unusual boats on the lake!

Bob McKeown, Broker

Prudential Woodmont Realty

2400 Crestmoor Road

Nashville, TN 37215