Re: [omc-boats] Excel Spreadsheet for top Speed calculation

From: lib1@...
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 18:39:22 -0600

Hi Phil,

Nice job on the JavaScript, Phil! Sorry, but I had a typo in the text file
that placed an extra zero on the Altitude compensator, my bad.
It should have said 4 percent loss in horsepower for every 1,000 feet (not
evry 10,000 feet). (The spreadsheet was correct.)

I'm attaching a corrected script. speed_alt_fix.htm file.

I also had a go at JavaScript today with help from an associate at work. Our
efforts are remarable similar! I've posted my results at:
http://www.hhscott.com/evinrude/docs/BSLAC.htm

You can still download the Excel file, but the new JavaScript-based
calculator should run across more browsers.

As you mentioned, I programmed the engine efficiency for 4-stroke I/O's.
Those running 2-stroke outboards can compensate by using a slightly higher
hull efficiency factor. Or we can tweak the Javascript for an "outboard"
pull-down choice sometime in the future.

Lee Shuster

PS -- We ran the calculator on a variety of friends' boats and jet skiis
today at work. It's amazingly accurate.