[omc-boats] Winter restoration

From: Scott Veazie <scottveazie@...>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 10:27:01 -0800

Gentlemen,

Since I've given up on taking my Seasport 155 out again before March, I've decided to tear her apart inside and polish up the upper deck and hull. Firstly, I have access to a hand held grinder with buffing wheel, but what would be best to bring back the luster? Also, the seats are all but shot, so I was thinking of recovering with new upholstry from the fabric store, but are there slip on covers for the seats that I can buy instead? Other things I'm looking for: Original "Johnson" badge for both sides of the bow, original speedometer. Things I'd like to fix: Missing one complete set of rollers, small and big, on the port-bow side of the trailer, any sources? One more thing I need to fix is the warning light on the dash, the bulb is good but it won't come on with the key in the on but not running position, it used to but I pulled the dash out to do some work and now it's not working right. I'd like to get it working again. Any ideas on that? Does the light have a special ground? Thanks for your help!

Scott Veazie
1970 Johnson Seasport 155
Vancouver, WA.