Re: omc-boats-digest V1 #149

From: Thomas Klauber <tklauber@...>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 22:41:54 -0400

My 69 Rogue has vinyl covers over the original cushions, done by former
owner years ago and still looks good. The backs and seats are a pleated
pattern and the side panels are smooth and they connect along the break line
by a piping. A lot like a standard boat seat. I do not know the status of
the seats under the covers but I doubt they look good. My other Rogue
(double crazy) has original seats and they are rough looking. I cut plywood
panels to go under each seat bottom and ran paired 2X4's longwise to hold
the plywood in place between seat underside and frame.The fit is good but
not what I want for long term. Will figure that out another year. I do not
move the seats to flat position as that would be a lot of trouble. They ride
stiff but I can stand in them without fear of my foot going through the
whole seat bottom! Hope this helps some. Tom Klauber