omc/johnson boat questions

From: Bob Airey <slackit@...>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 11:09:28 +0000

Hi,

As a Fiberglassics member with a love for "classic glass" my husband and
I are always on the lookout for old boats.
Well, just yesterday I bumped into this Johnson boat and...fel in love.
(This wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the fact that we already own 2
other boats: a Glasspar and a Larson)
I'm not even sure if the owner WANTS to sell this Johnson boat, so I
shouldn't even get my hopes up high.
Looking at your website I started to wonder how many of these boats were
actually build? This is the first one I have seen anyway.
Are they concidered "rare"? I know that Johnson only built boats for a
few years.
I'm pretty sure this one is a 17 foot I/O, but have no clue what kind of
HP. The person I talked to didn't know eiter.
The only way to find out is to look for a model# I guess? Where would
the model# be located? (didnt see any tags on the dash)
Also, is color in any way an indication of what year it was build?
The boat looks very solid too. Any idea on how much it weighs?
Both lights were cracked. And that got me wondering about parts. Are
they pretty hard to come by?
I don't have a lot of $$$ to offer the owner, but hope he will let it go
for a good price-as it needs some work!
I hope you can answer some of my questions. I'd really appreciate it.
Thank you very much.

Peggy Airey-Van Diem