Re: voltage drop [have color-coded diagram for anyone]

From: omniverse@...
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 01:21:07 -0400

On Thu, 9 Aug 2001 09:43:34 -0700
 "Michael Frenn" <semsc@...> wrote:
> Hey, Bob:
>
> Ditto on the list comments!
>
> On your OMC, that has an alternator?
>
> My '65 doesn't have anything but I've found a generator
> kit. Very pricey
> ($400), but if you want to night fish, might be good to
> have.
>
> Michael Frenn

Hi Michael,

Yes, alternator mounted to the flywheel actually. Converted
to DC via diodes.
Heck, what isn't expensive for these old boats? Gasoline
maybe again :^)

Anyone want a wiring diagram, a jpeg file, which has been
colored in? I have scanned one of the more generalized ones
I have here and painted in the wires so I could follow it
easier. Was a B&W copy from a repair manual which the
previous owner had made, a bit rough looking but anyone
familiar at all with their boat should be able to make it
out okay enough. It's for the '65 tp '68 OMC motors.
Just go to the following URL and right-click on the image
and Save Target as... (or whatever your web browser allows,
most people know how). Hope I'm not copyright infringing
too much by uploading it and letting people grab a copy.
Any complaints and I'll just remove it.

http://webpages.charter.net/omniverse/'65-'68%20OMC%20Wiring%20Schematic.jpg

The URL must be entered exactly as shown.

Farewell,
Bob Hughes